ElectricianSchoolEDU.org is owned and operated by Wiley University Services. Our content originates from many different education content writers. Our views and opinions are our own and for information purposes only. We want this website to serve as a directory guide, or an on-ramp, for educational programs as you explore the many options available. Please note the higher ed landscape is expansive; we do not include every option available and encourage you to conduct your own independent research.
Please view our advertiser disclosure to learn more about our content, how we are compensated, and what to expect if you submit a request for information form.
To get in contact with us for updates or anything else, please email here: email@example.com.
Earning an electrician license grants access to a field that offers opportunities to specialize in new and fascinating areas, and wages that rival those of any other technical trade. Even as one of the most respected, stable and lucrative of all the skilled trades, there are few dedicated resources on the web for people looking for training opportunities and information on how to advance in their careers.
Here at ElectricianSchoolEDU.org we set out to change that. This website is the first-of-its-kind resource dedicated solely to providing information on vocational training programs, apprenticeships, state and jurisdiction licensing laws, and career opportunities– all in one place.
We spoke to apprentices, experienced journeymen and master electricians for a first hand account of what it’s like to train on the job and work in the electrical trade. For information on licensing requirements, we turned to state and jurisdictional licensing boards. The end result is a comprehensive resource with an inside perspective that provides the information future apprentices and experienced electricians need.
We couldn’t have done it without our talented writing staff:
By consulting with licensing board members, trade school representatives and licensed electricians, we set out to develop the kind of website every electrician wish they had when they were deciding on a vocational school and preparing for apprenticeship.
Simply put, our mission here at ElectricanSchoolEDU.org is to provide future apprentices and licensed electricians with a comprehensive and well-organized resource designed to make career preparation and progression easier.
We worked hard to anticipate the questions our readers are likely to have, and even harder to provide clear and complete answers.
Here you will find:
- Journeyman and master electrician licensing guides that provide details on the licensing process, apprenticeship and classroom hours, and exams required in all 50 states
- Career guides that provide information on specialty certification options and an inside perspective on every major area of specialization in the electrical trade
- State salary resources that provide real information on what electricians and apprentices earn in every state and major metro area in the U.S.
- A clearinghouse of local JATCs (Joint Apprenticeship and Training Committees) in each state that offer apprenticeships through the Electrical Training Alliance
- Quick reference guides on general licensing processes, reciprocity and exam requirements in each state
- Student resources that provide a foundational understanding of the electrical trade and the various licensing stages electricians progress through